Good Sleep Habits and Hypnosis
Overall healthy sleep practices that can improve sleep for many people with anxiety and insomnia.
Good Sleep Habits – Suggestions
Learn to relax using Hypnosis By Professionals Insomnia download. For Insomnia, Hypnosis can be as beneficial as medications and the effects last long beyond the stopping of therapy. Non-medication based strategies provide long lasting improvement to insomnia. Hypnosis can be a first line and long term strategy of management.
Hypnosis can assist a person to develop new sleep behaviors to improve sleep quality and consolidation. Hypnosis includes learning healthy sleep habits to promote sleep and relaxation to help with worry reduction and regulate the circadian clock.
Some of the sleep misconceptions and expectations that can be modified through Hypnosis include:
- Unrealistic sleep expectations (I need to have 8 hours of sleep each night)
- Misconceptions about insomnia causes e.g. chemical imbalance
- Amplifying the consequences of insomnia
- Performance anxiety after trying for so long to have a good night’s sleep by controlling the sleep process.
Other Sleep Hygiene Suggestions
- Try to go to sleep at the same time every night and wake at the same time each morning
- Try not to take naps during the day
- Avoid prolonged use of pones or reading devices
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol late in the day
- Get regular exercise; try not to exercise close to bedtime
- Don’t eat a heavy meal late in the day
- Make your bedroom comfortable
- Follow a routine to help you relax before sleep
- Avoid using you bed for anything other than sleep or sex
- If you can’t fall asleep and don’t feel drowsy, get up and read or do something that is not overly stimulating until you feel sleepy
- If you are worrying about things, make a to-do list before you go to bed and leave these thoughts till the morning